Chargeads Terms of Service
Throughout this Agreement, we may use certain words or phrases, and it is important that you understand the meaning of them. The list is not all-encompassing and no definition should be considered binding to the point that it renders this Agreement nonsensical:
- “Agreement” means these Terms of Service;
- “Chargeads” refers to our company, known as “Chargeads, Inc.”; our Site; our Service; or a combination of all or some of the preceding definitions, depending on the context in which the word is used;
- “Service” refers to the services that we provide through our Site, including our ad campaign delivery services and our Site itself;
- “Site” refers to our website, www.chargeads.com;
- “User” refers to publishers;
- “You” refers to the person(s) who is/are entering into this Agreement with Chargeads.
3. What Chargeads Offers
Chargeads helps small and medium businesses deliver ad campaigns across Internet's largest properties via Real Time Bidding.
In order to use our Service, you must meet a number of conditions, including but not limited to:
- You must not be in violation of any embargoes, export controls, or other laws of the United States or other countries having jurisdiction over this Agreement, Chargeads, and yourself. For example, if the Office of Foreign Assets Control prohibits conducting financial transactions with nationals, residents, or banks of your country, you must not use our Service.
- You must be the minimum age required to enter into a contract in the area in which you reside, and, in any event, must not be less than 18 years of age.
- You must not sign up on behalf of any natural person other than yourself.
- You must, if signing up on behalf of a person, be authorized by that person to create its Chargeads account (such as by means of a resolution of the board of directors, or by executive status delegated to you) and to bind it to this Agreement, and you hereby agree that you are binding it to this Agreement in addition to yourself, and that both you and the person you represent shall be jointly and severally liable for any liability arising from actions in tort, contract, or otherwise, that Chargeads may initiate against either you or the person.
- You must provide us with personal information, payment information, and other information that we deem necessary to provide you with our Service.
5. Nature of Service
Chargeads connects ad networks, advertisers, and publishers, but assumes no content created for or generated by any User. You agree to release Chargeads from any liability relating to the use of our Service.
6. Rules of Use
You that you will not:
- Violate the laws of the United States, its states, or any foreign political entity having jurisdiction over this Agreement, whether or not the foreign political entity is a country or a subdivision (such as a state or province) or municipality (such as a city, town, county, or region) of a foreign country.
- Post or send anything violent, threatening, pornographic, racist, hateful, or otherwise objectionable according to the opinion of Chargeads or its delegates, including displaying it on your Site if you are a publisher, or using it in an advertisement or directing an advertisement to it if you are an ad network.
- Be fraudulent or negligent in any content that you post in relation to Chargeads’ Service.
- Infringe on anyone’s intellectual property rights, defame anyone, impersonate anyone, or otherwise violate the rights of a third party.
- Hack, crack, phish, SQL inject, or otherwise compromise the security or integrity of the Chargeads Site, Service, or its Users’ computers.
- Do anything else which could bring Chargeads into disrepute or which violates the rights of Chargeads or any third party.
Please note that following the above Rules of Use does not guarantee fulfillment of service orders, which may be affected by third parties or business operations issues.
Detailed payment terms are subject to change and are posted on our Site, and such payment terms, and any amendments that may be made to them from time to time, are hereby incorporated into this Agreement by reference. Payments may be made to Chargeads by means of credit card or PayPal. All prices, unless otherwise stated, are in United States dollars.
Where a project is declined due to the decision of a third party (such as a media source refusing it), Chargeads shall attempt to provide acceptable alternative performance of its contractual duties to the affected User and, failing that, make a refund on a pro rata basis for the portion of the duties not performed by Chargeads.
Any additional terms imposed by a third party media source shall, to the extent that they can be applied, be applicable to Users.
8. Chargebacks and PayPal Disputes
Where a User conducts a chargeback or PayPal dispute against Chargeads, Chargeads shall be entitled to recover the full amount debited from Chargeads as a result of that User’s actions, as well as any reasonable attorneys’ fees, collection agency fees, court costs, disbursements, and other expenses incurred in Chargeads’ enforcement of its rights under this section.
9. Our Copyright
Chargeads relies on the uniqueness of its Site’s content to distinguish its Site from the websites and other promotional materials of Chargeads’ competitors. You agree not to copy, distribute, display, disseminate, or otherwise reproduce any of the information on the Site without receiving our prior written permission.
10. Your Copyright
Chargeads must be assured that it has the right to use the content that is posted to its Site by its Users, or used by Users in relation to Chargeads’ Service (such as advertising materials, publishers’ website content, etc.). Such content may include, but is not limited to, photographs, videos, text, audio, and other materials. Whenever submitting content to our Site, you agree that you are granting us a non-exclusive, universal, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, commercial and non-commercial right to use, distribute, sell, publish, and otherwise make use of the content that you submit to us. You warrant to us that you have the right to grant us this right over the content, and that you have the right to use any intellectual property that you use in relation to our Service, and that you will indemnify us for any loss resulting from a breach of this warranty and defend us against claims regarding the same.
“Chargeads” is a trademark used by us, Chargeads, Inc., to uniquely identify our Site, Service, and business. You agree not to use this phrase anywhere without our prior written consent. Additionally, you agree not to use our trade dress, or copy the look and feel of our website or its design, without our prior written consent. You agree that this paragraph goes beyond the governing law on intellectual property law, and includes prohibitions on any competition that violates the provisions of this paragraph, including starting your own advertising-related business.
12. Revocation of Consent
We may revoke our consent for your use of our intellectual property, or any other permission granted to you under this Agreement, at any time. You agree that if we so request, you must take immediate action to remove any usage of our intellectual property that you may have engaged in, even if it would cause a loss to you.
13. Copyright & Trademark Infringement
We take copyright infringement very seriously, and we have registered a Copyright Agent with the United States Copyright Office, which limits our liability under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed, please send us a message which contains:
- Your name.
- The name of the party whose copyright has been infringed, if different from your name.
- The name and description of the work that is being infringed.
- The location on our website of the infringing copy.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law.
- A statement that you swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.
You must sign this notification and send it to our Copyright Agent at:
Attn: Chargeads, Inc. Copyright Agent
116 West 23rd Street
New York City, New York 10011
If sending the notification by e-mail, an electronic signature is acceptable.
Although U.S. law does not provide for a similar procedure for trademark infringement, we recommend that you send us similar information to that above in regards to any allegation of trademark infringement, and we will address it as soon as practicable.
14. Representations & Warranties
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OF OUR SERVICE OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE RELEASING US FROM ANY LIABILITY THAT WE MAY OTHERWISE HAVE TO YOU IN RELATION TO OR ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT OR OUR SERVICES, FOR REASONS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FAILURE OF OUR SERVICE, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER TORT. TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW RESTRICTS THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY LIABLE TO YOU FOR THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF DAMAGES THAT THE LAW RESTRICTS OUR LIABILITY TO, IF SUCH A MINIMUM EXISTS.
YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THIRD PARTIES WHO MAY USE OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PEOPLE WHO COMMIT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT, DEFAMATION, TORTIOUS INTERFERENCE WITH ECONOMIC RELATIONS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIONABLE CONDUCT TOWARDS YOU.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TORT OR OTHER LEGAL WRONG, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, COMMITTED BY A PUBLISHER, AD NETWORK, OR OTHER USER.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE ON THE PART OF A PAYMENT PROCESSOR, INCLUDING PAYPAL OR THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY OR BANK THAT YOU USE TO FUND PAYPAL, TO DIRECT PAYMENTS TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION, OR ANY ACTIONS ON THEIR PART IN PLACING A HOLD ON YOUR FUNDS.
WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE OF THE GOODS OR SERVICES OF OUR COMPANY OR A THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING ANY FAILURES OR DISRUPTIONS, UNTIMELY DELIVERY, SCHEDULED OR UNSCHEDULED, INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL, ON OUR WEBSITE WHICH PREVENT ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY.
THE PROVISION OF OUR SERVICE TO YOU IS CONTINGENT ON YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THIS AND ALL OTHER SECTIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. NOTHING IN THE PROVISIONS OF THIS “REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES” SECTION SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO LIMIT THE GENERALITY OF THE FIRST PARAGRAPH OF THIS SECTION.
For Jurisdictions that do not allow us to limit our liability: Notwithstanding any provision of these Terms, if your jurisdiction has provisions specific to waiver or liability that conflict with the above then our liability is limited to the smallest extent possible by law. Specifically, in those jurisdictions not allowed, we do not disclaim liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence or that of any of its officers, employees or agents; or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) any liability which it is not lawful to exclude either now or in the future.
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF A JURISDICTION THAT REQUIRES A SPECIFIC STATEMENT REGARDING RELEASE THEN THE FOLLOWING APPLIES. FOR EXAMPLE, CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS MUST, AS A CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT, WAIVE THE APPLICABILITY OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR." YOU HEREBY WAIVE THIS SECTION OF THE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY SIMILAR PROVISION IN LAW, REGULATION, OR CODE THAT HAS THE SAME INTENT OR EFFECT AS THE AFOREMENTIONED RELEASE.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any claims by you or any third party which may arise from or relate to this Agreement or the provision of our service to you, including any damages caused by your use of our Site or acceptance of the offers contained on it. You also agree that you have a duty to defend us against such claims and we may require you to pay for an attorney(s) of our choice in such cases. You agree that this indemnity extends to requiring you to pay for our reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements. In the event of a claim such as one described in this paragraph, we may elect to settle with the party/parties making the claim, and you shall be liable for the damages as though we had proceeded with a trial.
16. Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws in force in the State of New York. The offer and acceptance of this contract are deemed to have occurred in the State of New York.
17. Forum of Dispute
You agree that any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement will be heard solely by a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of New York. Specifically, where the subject matter of a dispute is eligible for it, you agree that any disputes shall be heard solely within the Civil Court of the City of New York – Small Claims Part (“Small Claims Court”).
If a dispute claims multiple claims and one or more of those claims would be eligible to be heard by the Small Claims Court, you agree not to bring the other claims against us and to instead proceed within the Small Claims Court.
If you would be entitled in a dispute to an amount exceeding the monetary jurisdiction of the Small Claims Court, you agree to waive your right to collect any damages in excess of the monetary jurisdiction and instead still bring your claim within the Small Claims Court. At the time of drafting this Agreement, the monetary jurisdiction of the Small Claims Court is $5,000.
You agree that if a dispute is eligible to be heard in Small Claims Court but you would be entitled to an additional or alternative remedy in a higher court, such as injunctive relief, you will waive your right to that remedy and still bring the dispute within the Small Claims Court.
If you bring a dispute in a manner other than in accordance with this section, you agree that we may move to have it dismissed, and that you will be responsible for our reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements in doing so.
You agree that the unsuccessful party in any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement will be responsible for the reimbursement of the successful party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements.
18. Force Majeure
You agree that we are not responsible to you for anything that we may otherwise be responsible for, if it is the result of events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, insurrection, riots, terrorism, crime, labor shortages (including lawful and unlawful strikes), embargoes, postal disruption, communication disruption, unavailability of payment processors, failure or shortage of infrastructure, shortage of materials, or any other event beyond our control.
In the event that a provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, conflicting with another provision of the Agreement, or otherwise unenforceable, the Agreement will remain in force as though it had been entered into without that unenforceable provision being included in it.
If two or more provisions of this Agreement are deemed to conflict with each other’s operation, Chargeads shall have the sole right to elect which provision remains in force.
Chargeads reserves all rights afforded to us under this Agreement as well as under the provisions of any applicable law. Our non-enforcement of any particular provision or provisions of this Agreement or any applicable law should not be construed as our waiver of the right to enforce that same provision under the same or different circumstances at any time in the future.
21. Termination & Cancellation
We may terminate your access to our Site and Service at our discretion without explanation, though we will strive to provide a timely explanation in most cases. Our liability for refunding you, if you have paid anything to us, will be limited to the amount you paid for goods or services which have not yet been and will not be delivered, except in cases where the termination or cancellation was due to your breach of this Agreement, in which case you agree that we are not required to provide any refund or other compensation whatsoever.
Under no circumstances, including termination or cancellation of our Service to you, will we be liable for any losses related to actions of other Users.
22. Assignment of Rights
You may not assign your rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party without our prior written consent. We may assign our rights and/or obligations under this Agreement to any other party at our discretion.
We may amend this Agreement from time to time. When we amend this Agreement, we will update this page and require you to accept the changes. If you do not accept the changes, you will not be permitted to continue using our Service.
24. California Users and Residents
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3, any questions about pricing, complaints, or inquiries about Chargeads must be addressed to our agent for notice and sent via certified mail to: Chargeads, Inc., 116 West 23rd Street, 5th Floor, New York City, New York, 10011, United States.
Lastly, California users are also entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.